Thursday, May 15, 2014

In Season




Image: here 

If there is one thing I love about summer is the fact that it is so much easier for me to eat healthy. It's so hot and there are very few times I want to go near a piping hot meal. Instead I eat A LOT of fruits and veggies. Salads and smoothies are a constant during these coming hot months. My biggest obsessions are berries! Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are always in the refrigerator. I have taken the liberty of looking up and finding what fruits are in season and at there best here in the U.S.

-Apricots
-Blackberries
-Blueberries
-Cantaloupe
-Cherries
-Grapes
-Grapefruit
-Honeydew
-Limes
-Nectarines
-Passion Fruit
-Peaches
-Plums
-Raspberries
-Strawberries
-Sugar Apples
-Watermelon
**Apples, avocados, bananas, cranberries, coconut, lemon and papaya are in season all year round!

<3 Ashley

What do you enjoy eating most in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...