Monday, March 24, 2014

A Weekend to Forget

Image: here

So this was probably the worst weekend I have ever experienced! It started out normal with brunch with some people on my floor and the Pitt basketball game. I should have known that everything would go downhill when Pitt lost the game. What started out as a stomachache quickly snowballed into what I can only assume was some very unforgiving food poisoning. I cannot say I have ever been that sick in my life! I spent all of Saturday night running back and forth between my bed and the bathroom and trying to keep at least some Gatorade down--that was pretty unsuccessful.

I think I finally fell asleep around 2 but kept waking up throughout the rest of the night. Sunday was a little bit better, but still no appetite for food. I also had a lovely time trying to study for an exam and write a speech both of which were today. I can say with confidence that I pretty much failed the exam...I failed it hard. As far as the speech goes, my professor was very understanding and agreed to let me deliver it on Wednesday instead so that I have more time to focus and prepare.

Luckily today I do feel a lot better than I did this weekend--just a little tired and still without much of an appetite. I am so happy that it's over and am so grateful for all of my friends on the floor who were constantly checking up on me and making sure I had food and drinks. Thank God for friends!

<3 Ashley

How was your weekend? Hopefully better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...