Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 24: Stress Monster

Photo: here

Day 24: What was one time that stress got the best of you?

I say that I am the kind of person who stresses easily, but I think that most of the time I am just being a total drama queen--I can be quite the actress. However, I do remember one time during my junior year of high school that I had a complete meltdown. It was my first year taking any AP courses so I was relatively new to the heavy workload that came along with the class. Studying for AP European History required making 60+ note cards and reading excerpts from two of our ridiculous textbooks. I was down to the wire making the last of the notecards so that I could at least skim the chapters so that I would be ready for the review the next day. It was getting very late and eventually, stress and mental exhaustion got to me and I completely broke down in tears. My mother came in and calmly told me that I needed to go to sleep. She then, jokingly, told me that she would still love me if I failed the test. I ended up doing moderately well on the test, not quite my best.

What I learned was, I don't stress easily. But when I am on a tight deadline and I have a heaping load of work then yes...I will start to stress out.

How do you handle stress? What stresses you out?

<3 Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...