Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Cookies: Snickerdoodles

During a week like this one, it makes me happy that I have days like today. Two classes, one early and one late. It really makes me feel like I have a generally good day to myself. I have this time to edit a paper, come up with some more blog post topics, and finish my Mass Communications note cards (Study! Study! Study!) Tuesdays and Thursdays are truly my 'Get It Done!' days and I am truly grateful that I have those days. Next semester, I may not be so lucky but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Today's cookie recipe is a personal favorite of mine: Snickerdoodles! So far, nothing can beat my aunt's 'doodles, but this recipe does at least look promising. During a season of gingerbread and sugar cookies, snickerdoodles are what makes me happiest with a mug of cocoa (of which I may also have a recipe for!)


Here is what you need:

- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp. granulated sugar; divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon

And here's what you do:

- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Mix well. In a small bowl combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 30 cookies.

This recipe here

I am going home in just a week, so I will have plenty of time to fill my kitchen with cookies upon cookies. Yes, I am that girl (the one who will also be wearing a Christmas sweater and singing 'Jingle Bell Rock' while baking!) Have a lovely day today.

<3 Ashley

Who makes the best cookies in your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...